Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful for friends, family and Apple

Wow, I have sooo much to catch up on! I will probably forget a lot of things. I finally got a new computer after my other one was stolen out of Bruce a few weeks ago. Poor Bruce. He just doesn't deserve to be treated so badly! Now he has a new window but it's not tinted like all the other windows and it's louder. But at least it's a window and it does keep the rain out.

Thanks to JJ, I got a $50 discount and a free printer when I bought the new laptop! Now, I'm busy reloading everything from my external hard drive and reorganizing all the pictures and music files. Here's my advice for everyone: back-up your files!! It was save you so much frustration! I never thought I would need it, but it's saved me from losing all my pictures from college through one blown motherboard and two stolen computers! I would be so sad if I lost all of those pictures, so I'm very grateful that I still have them!

It's been an absolutely beautiful fall here in KCMO. The trees were so gorgeous and I was amazed every time I drove around town. Here is a picture of the prettiest tree I think I saw:

This was a couple blocks south of my apartment on Holly St.
A couple of Sundays ago, the weather was amazing so after church, B, J and I took our lunch out to Roanoke Park and explored a little bit.

Enjoying some d'Bronx pizza on a beautiful Sunday afternoon!
Second time for me to have this pizza and it was sooo good!

Location on Bell St
Little did we know that a few days later, baby Josie would make her arrival into the world! Here I am with Josie just a few hours after her birth.

So little!
I got to go to a Missouri Mavericks game. I was really excited to finally see some pro hockey! It was pretty fun. They had a great crowd, gave out free cupcakes and played "chuck a puck" game. It made me miss the preds games a little, but I was still glad to be there!

The mavericks' mule logo.

Mavs won that night!

Here's Mac the mascot skating around. He was pretty dumb looking.
So,  a couple of tidbits about my new neighborhood. First, the grocery store is amazing. They have awesome deli items and ready-to-go meals which I like. But the best part is...the tiny little carts! They are so fun!

Here is the building for the church that I go to: Jacob's Well. It's just right up the street from where I live so I've walked a couple times.



Here's a fountain that is close to my work:

No. 15- 10th and Main
As most of you know, I hate my job right now. It is pure misery. They try to make it more fun by having theme days. So, last week was Western day. Here is one of my co-workers, Kristin, and myself dressed up in our best cowgirl gear. I know what you're thinking, "Why, Laura, that looks like a fun place to work! They're dressing up, taking pictures." Well, how fun is it really to dress up and then just sit at your cubicle and stare at the computer screen for the next 9 hours. Not really that fun at all!



Well, I'm glad to have given a little update. There's lot more to come!  

Today is Thanksgiving and so I would like to give my thanks. I am so thankful for all the wonderful friends that I've had in every place I've lived. (Oregon, Boonville, Warrensburg, Nashville and Kansas City). It really amazes me that every where I've gone I've been lucky enough to have really awesome friends to share good times with.

I'm thankful to live in a country that allows me to make my own decisions and to live in a country where I feel safe and secure. I'm thankful for all the men and women throughout history and present day who have fought to make it that way. I could never imagine living somewhere that was constantly in war or that has an oppressive government.

I'm also thankful for Itsa, who is a great companion and for Bruce who is my faithful driver. 

Last but not least, I'm thankful for Jesus and his gift to us all and for loving us, despite of our sin and selfishness.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving today! And please, just sleep in tomorrow and relax! Do not encourage the stores by showing up at 3 am to buy stuff that you probably don't need. :)

Til next time...Laura




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I just thought the Ritz box of crackers was ginormous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, awesome comments of thankfulness!
    Cute carts in groc. store, I agree!
    Look so good with little Josie!

    (screw Higginsville and Shell Knob???!! Some of your preschool friends would not be happy =)

    ReplyDelete