Saturday, March 19, 2011

Luck o' the Irish

Apparently, St. Patrick's Day is a big deal in KC. Unfortunately, since it occured on a Thursday, I didn't get to go to the big parade. But some year I will and it will be awesome. I was lucky enough to go to the "warm-up" parade in Brookside last Saturday. And it was over an hour long so I can't imagine how long the real parade lasts!

Speaking of being lucky, Bruce was REAL lucky this past week! I stepped out of my apartment building to go to work one morning and this is what I saw! A huge tree across the street had fallen over. You see where the grey suv is parked and is now submerged from the tree. Bruce parks in that same exact spot all the time. Fortunately, he was parked out of harm's way that night. The tree didn't fall over from the weather, (there was no storm) but it was completely rotten inside and with the ground being soft from recent rains, it just toppled over.


Here's the workers chopping down the rest of the tree. The tree was over the entire roadway.
 As I mentioned, I attended the warm-up St. Patty's day parade. Here's a few pics:

Tall Irish characters

Irish cloggers

Guys in kilts

Playing the bagpipes!


KC Wolf!

Sluggerz!

A live band was playing on this float.


Roller derby girls!
 I got to try out a new restaurant last Sunday after church. Fric 'n Frac on 39th st. Besides having an awesome name, they had pretty good burgers. The fries were not my favorite, however. They look good in this picture but I think I got the bottom of the barrel. They were small and crispy.



Not much else to report. The fireworks business is picking up. I'm going to be a delivery driver next week and deliver a bunch of supplies to a fireworks business south of KC. Sometimes, I get to be a warehouse worker too. We're getting in all of our supplies to sell prior to the retail season and I unpack it and organize it in our warehouse. After sitting at a desk a lot, it's nice to have a little variety of stuff to do!

Today also marks the beginning of the MLS season. Normally, I wouldn't notice or care. But since a lot of friends here love it, if I want to hang out I gotta like it too! :) Go Wizards...I mean Go Sporting KC!

(yeah, just doesn't sound right, does it?) Go Wizards!

Til next time...Laura

1 comment:

  1. What's the MLS season?

    Yeah, I think it sounds fun to get to do different things to get office breaks
    Good! =)

    ReplyDelete