Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Exciting news to report!

Just took a walk around the Plaza and the Christmas lights are being installed! I'm so excited for Thanksgiving when the lights will go on. There's no where that is more beautiful!

Hope you like the new layout of the blog. Looks way better in my opinion!!

A while ago, I bought a groupon for an exterior/interior wash for Bruce. I took him today and he is sure looking good!


Lots of more fountain updates:

All of these were discovered today in the plaza area as I walked to the library.

No. 80-House of Elan salon on 48th
This next fountain is huge, as in more well known. The sculpture out front is on Diana, Roman goddess of the moon.
No. 81- InterContinental Hotel @ Wornall & Ward Pkwy

No. 82- Halls department facing Ward Pkwy

No. 83- Halls dept facing Central

No. 84- outside Michael Kors store
Finally, I wanted to document this sculpture which is right across the street from the InterContinental hotel. It's of Winston Churchill and his wife, called "Married Love." Behind it is a little box with a quote and you can push a button and hear some of Churchill's other quotes and very dramatic music.

I couldn't find anything that told me why there is this statue of the Churchills in Kansas City. The only connection is Fulton, Missouri, where Churchill gave his famous Iron Curtain speech. But Fulton is no where close to Kansas City, so I don't know!



Til next time...Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment