Monday, October 18, 2010

What Happens in NashVegas...

So this past weekend I went back to Nashville to catch up with my buddies and go to a couple of Preds games. It was a great weekend and I'm glad that I got to see a lot of people.

But first, I gotta show you what I won at Bingo last Monday night!

Check it out!

Not only did I win these stylish wristbands, I won a t-shirt, shot glass and bottle opener. And that was just my first win. I also won the last game which was good for a $20 gift card at Kennedy's! I was pretty excited.

Ok, now on to my trip. I flew in Thursday afternoon and went straight to the arena to hang out with all my old work buddies. We ate at Bailey's because I was craving their Black Forest sandwich. It was delicious! Then it was time for the Preds game vs. the Blues. We had awesome seats (like you expect anything less) and the game was amazing! We won 4-3. It was really exciting. The first period was really good, Sully scored twice, there was a fight and then the end was exciting because it was so close. I got to see the new opening video which was excellent! (I posted it on my facebook page, check it out!)

Smashville!
Let's play hockey!


Only about 7 rows up from the ice. :)


Hockey brawl
After the game, we caught the end of the Live on the Green show. Live on the Green is a free, outdoor concert series held once a week in October. They usually have pretty great bands play. This is where I saw Here Come the Mummies! for the first time last year.

Friday, MJ and I ate lunch at McDougal's. I miss this place! The best sauce ever for chicken tenders. I haven't found a good chicken tender place in KC yet so if you know of one, let me know!


Friday night, we went over to Dallas' house for a bonfire and games. There were lots of friends here, lots of food and lots of fun! Then, we drove up to Hendersonville to go through the Haunted Woods. My favorite part of this haunted house is definitely the mazes. You could so easily get lost! There was also one good special effect. We were walking on a bridge that suddenly dropped a few inches. That one got me- was not expecting that!

Here's the gang

Saturday we had lunch at the amazing Pancake Pantry! It was soooo good, as always! The day was beautiful so we didn't mind waiting over 30 minutes in line. :)

This food is like heaven in your mouth!
Here's some pics of other friends that I got to hang out with. :)

Poor Zach had a rough weekend. He ate a whole bowl of candy corn and got sick!

Here's sweet Molly! She is awesome!

Then, Saturday night was the Preds game vs. the Capitals! Again, we had awesome seats (8 rows up, center ice). The game was a lot of fun but unfortunately, the Preds lost in overtime. Oh well, still no losses in regulation for the Preds!

It was awesome getting to see the world's best hockey player, Alex Ovechkin, live and in person. But on this night, he was the enemy!

Future Hall of Famer right there!

And I also usually like this guy:

Nicklas Backstrom
Because he wore this:
"Your Girlfriend Loves to wear my Hockey Jersey" Ha, that's awesome!

After the game, my friends were just dying to check out this new karaoke bar. We love karaoke! It's fun and especially since Kovar was with us, and I was really looking forward to belting out "Party in the USA!" But...we got to the place and right away, I knew this was not going to work! It was super country, but whatever, we're in Nashville. The worst part was the dj and the bartender. They got on the mike and were yelling at the crowd for not tipping and not being loud enough. Uh, here's a tip for you: don't insult your customers! So, once we realized they were not going to play our requests, we left for better places. 

We ended the night at Tin Roof so that we could see our friend Seth play there. It was great to see him! But we also got to see several players there, which I get really excited about.  Me and Colin Wilson had a moment. Yeah, that was fun!

Sunday I got to get my Mexican fix by having my favorite LP Field Special at Las Palmas. And then, it was time to head back to KC. I had a great weekend and it was nice to have a break from the job hunting. But today, I was back on track, working on my resume more and I applied for 9 more positions. I've got 2 interviews tomorrow so wish me luck!

Til next time...Laura





No comments:

Post a Comment