Sunday, October 3, 2010

What have I been up to?

It's been over a week since my last blog and I know you all have been dying for the next one! Well, I've been busy! Not with work, but with fun stuff. But unfortunately, I keep forgetting to take pictures! And I've seriously been slacking on my fountain hunt. I know I've passed a few without stopping to document them. But I will be better!

So, last weekend I took a road trip to mom and dad's place in Charleston, MO. I really missed my kitty, Itsa, and wanted to see her. It was great to see the parentals, too. :)

Drove by my old stompin' grounds- Boonville! Go Pirates!

Got to try QT's Cheeseburger Rollup on the road trip! It was kinda weird, not going to lie.
I went to a few restaurants this week. Last Thursday night, I went to 75th St Brewery because when you check in on foursquare, you got a free bavarian pretzel appetizer! It was real good!

Kinda a crappy picture of the brewery, right in the center of the restaurant.
Tuesday night was Jason's birthday. So a bunch of friends met in Brookside at Jalapenos restaurant.

I got chicken tacos, rice and beans. Delicious!!

I was real thirsty!
Friday afternoon, B and I went to City Market and toured the Steamboat Arabia museum. In the 1850's a steamboat was traveling up the Missouri River from St. Louis. It carried a few passengers but mainly general merchandise. It was going to all the stores in Nebraska/Iowa. About 6 miles after passing the Town of Kansas (Kansas City's original settlement) it hit a tree snag and sank to the bottom of the river. Well, since then the river has changed course and become more narrow, thanks to the Army Corp of Engineers. So, a group of five treasure hunters figured out where the steamboat was buried in a corn field, next to the river, and dug it up in 1988! It is now the world's largest collection of artifacts from one location from that time period. And most is in excellent condition. There was everything there you would expect in a general store: clothes, boots, dishes, jewelry, tools, etc. It was a very interesting tour.
Beside the boat's huge paddle.
Saturday night, I went to my last Royals game of the season.

Walking to Kauffman stadium.

They gave out Snuggies!
We didn't stay very long into the game, though, because it was COLD! Even the snuggie couldn't keep us warm! Later that night, we celebrated our friend, Adam's birthday in Westport. We went to McCoy's and Kelly's. Pretty fun night!

Happy Birthday Adam!
Fountain Update: No. 53 inside the Ward Parkway mall



Til next time...Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment