Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SnowtoriousBIG

So, I don't know if you've heard or not...but we're having a little weather up here in KC today!

Here's my view from my apartment:

Just kidding! I can the tree right outside but that's about it!


My thoughts about the blizzard:

1. Snow started at 7 am this morning and hasn't quit. Expected to around 10-11 pm. When it's done, I think we'll have up to 9 or 10 inches. But there are some places getting even more than that!

2. I've been keeping a close eye on all activity that I can see from my window. Sooo thankful to be inside, nice and warm!

3. A Jeep Wrangler couldn't get up the hill next to my building. That's when you know it's bad!!

4. A couple were walking across the parking lot only to completely disappear in a white wall when the wind picked up.

5. I'm worried about Bruce. He's parked right at the entrance of the lot. A vulnerable spot for sliding cars. But I couldn't find another spot and couldn't leave him on the street.

6. I-70 shut down completely in Missouri. That is some crazy stuff right there.

7. I checked into Snowpocalypse 2011: KC Edition on foursquare!

8. Thank the Lord for instant video streaming on Netflix!!!

9. No pictures yet as they would not have turned out. If I get out tomorrow I will try and take some.


Some funny tweets about today:

 @: Waiting for God's animals to arrive in pairs to board giant toboggan I've built in my backyard. Snoah's Ark.

@blogkc Oh no, @ is closed. The snow terrorists have won.

@: According to Boulevard's weather report, snow piled as high as a Smokestack bottle.  

@SportingKC At this point, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Polar Bear from the @ walk by my window. 

@kraxner I'm watching the News and in the Closings at the bottom, I just saw "Work". !!!  

@tbaxter I don't think seeing people skiing down my street is normal.


@: LOVE this graphic laying out exactly how much snow we're getting!    


and my favorite...

@KikiOn1Click this is the antoine dodson of storms ..hide ya kids ..hide ya wife

In non-snow related news...

An updated pic of Baby J! Sooo cute!
 I've been trying a lot of new places at lunch time near my new work in Lenexa/Olathe. The best so far has been SmashBurger on 119th St. The burger was delicious and the fries were exactly like McDonald's. Come to find out, that's because it was opened by a former McDonald's exec! He stole the fries!

 Last Sunday after church we ate at Po's Dumpling Bar on 39th St and State Line. My food was real good- deep fried honey chicken! The service was a little to be desired but that's ok! Made for a more memorable experience. :)


Check out the fancy-carrot-turned-into-flower!


Til next time...Laura









2 comments: