Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Ultimate Challenge!

This weekend, we hosted the Ultimate Challenge Party! It all started when I was eating some pringles and realized that every time, I have to stop myself eating more of them. I always feel like I can eat more but I restrain myself. So, I made my 2011 New Year's resolution to try and eat a whole can of pringles at one time, just to see if I could do it. Now, a lot of people have thought that seemed easy, and maybe for most people it is. But I suck at food challenges! I've always lost! Anyways, talking about this resolution, we came up with the idea of having a party where everyone had to do some type of challenge. Last Friday night was the night!

Here was my challenge: eating a whole can of pringles in 10 minutes. I did fail at the time limit, it took me 21 minutes but I ate the whole can!


Best part is I accomplished my resolution and it's only February!

Tony's challenge was eating 50 McDonald's chicken nuggets!! He did it! Not sure how well he felt the next day though!


Dan's challenge was keeping three balloons up in the air without one of them touching the floor for 60 seconds. I think he made it for 12 seconds. Jeremiah ended up with the best time for the guys- 42 seconds.



Daniel's challenge: stuff 50 grapes into his mouth and he did it!!


Jeremiah's challenge: bench press Erin and he did it!!


Bree's challenge: stack a deck of cards on a bottle and blow off every card except the bottom one. No dice. She says she did it once when she was "practicing." Guess we'll just have to take her word on that one!


Another challenge we tried and were unsuccessful: taking three full soda cans in one hand and three empty cans in the other hand and transferring the cans from one hand to the other. It's harder than you think!


In my opinion, this was the most impressive challenge: Jason shotgun a can of fruit juice. It was not the small 12 oz size, it had to have been at least 24 oz and it took him like one second to do it! He was so fast, that I thought he didn't even do it. I thought he quit but then he showed the empty can!! I mean, I can't emphasize how impressed I was!




 There were a couple other games in there, but overall it was a super fun party!

Here's a couple of pictures from the blizzard we had a couple weeks ago.

This is one of the apartment buildings. Notice the snow on the roof that had been blown and was just hanging off the side. Eventually this all fell down or melted away. Just goes to show how fierce the wind was to blow the snow all around.



It got sooooo cold a few days after that blizzard. I'm talking that coldest I've ever felt.



This is me going out one day in the cold!

Fortunately, that bitter cold weather is gone! Today even got to 60 degrees! 

Here is the amount of snow that I had to brush off Bruce the day after the blizzard. I gotta say, Bruce is the most awesome vehicle ever in snowy conditions! He can drive through anything and it's great!!



Til next time...Laura

1 comment: