Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Time with Friends, New Beginnings

We start off this exciting blog post with the story of me getting to see my great Nashville friend, Holly! She works on the Keith Urban tour so when they stopped for a show in KC, I had to see her! Here is her fancy bus that she lives on! It was really nice inside- for a bus! She had a little bunk bed.


I got there literally with 10 minutes left in the show. So, we peeked in from behind the stage for a minute.


Someone threw these flowers onto the stage for Keith. Him being a boy, he doesn't really need or want them so I got to keep them! How sweet!

It's kinda sad that the only time I ever get roses or flowers is when it's someone else's reject! oh well!


B, J, little J and I tried out a new restaurant (new to us). We went to Stroud's because I had seen it on "Man vs. Food" and it was supposed to have awesome pan-fried chicken and home-style cooking.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed. The chicken was ok but I needed to dip it in my mashed potatoes and gravy to get a good flavor. The green beans were excellent. The salad was excellent and they had the good ranch. Stroud's is also supposed to have awesome cinnamon rolls that come with every dinner. They were more like monkey bread. It was just ok. I don't feel the desire to return. Plus, it was extremely overpriced. A 3-piece chicken dinner with sides was $16. I still enjoyed my company though!


I am also excited to announce that I'M MOVING TO COLORADO. Here is the picture of my new pool! Doesn't it look awesome?! I'll have pictures of the building and the inside once we're all moved in and settled. I'm very excited for this new place and new roommate! Itsa is excited too! And glad she won't be homeless!!


Last night, little J was the CUTEST I have ever seen her- and that's saying a lot because she's ALWAYS cute! B had gotten her a little cat outfit. Isn't she precious! I just wanted to hug her and look at her! Little J loved her outfit too.



Finally, tonight was so much fun! Emily and I took a free ZUMBA class at the brand new building for the Kansas City Ballet! The building was amazing. The class was a free trial as part of their grand opening. It was quite the workout and so much fun!

We got to sneak a peek at some ballerinas practicing, they were beautiful! This place is just awesome. I noticed there was a wall of donors who made this possible and some usual suspects were present: the Kauffmans, the Hall family (Hallmark cards) and lots of others I can't remember. :) Once again, I become so grateful for people who donate their resources for the betterment of the city!


Til next time...Laura

2 comments:

  1. You're moving to Colorado??!!!! That's the cutest little cat I've ever seen, but I'm biased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stroud's is good, but not as good as I think people say it is. Tutorial for fishtail braid:

    http://www.refinery29.com/3-super-cool-braided-hairstyles-that-you-can-actually-do

    I'm also liking this tattoo... check it out!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/168419736/

    I hope your new place is smashing!

    ReplyDelete