Saturday, April 23, 2011

Royals! Escobar!

It's about time I devoted a blog post to the best shortstop ever...Alcides Escobar! It all started a few summers ago at a Thirsty Thursday game with the Triple A baseball team, the Nashville Sounds. As I perused the roster, I came across an awesome name- Escobar! Just say it out loud right now, Escobar! It's fun, right?

Well, after a few games, I decided not only did Escobar have a great name, he was pretty good too! And then, the majors called him up. The Sounds were in the Milwaukee system so off he went to the Brewers. I was happy for him, but sad that I wouldn't get to see him play anymore.

And then, one glorious day last December, we heard the news that the Royals had traded their talented, yet bad attitude guy Zach Greinke. To my astonishment, I found that the Royals in return got Alcides Escobar! It was some of the greatest news I had ever heard.

So, last week I got to see Escobar play in person twice and he was so good! He is best at defense, he gets everyone out! So, if you hadn't heard before, now you know. Look out world, Escobar is amazing!

Check out who I saw first when entering the K!

This is for MJ- her old Tennessee buddy, Luke Hochevar!

Yay Escobar!!!

I would highly encourage you to check out some of his highlights: Escobar highlights

In other news, last Sunday was a fun day at City Market. We walked around and had lunch at Winslow's BBQ. I had the pulled pork sandwich. It was delicious! The meat was excellent.




That's all I have to report for now. Big day tomorrow- celebrating Jesus in the morning and celebrating the Preds winning tomorrow night!

Til next time...Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment