Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happenings

Just a few happenings to report. Friday night, I went to the Brookside Art Fair with Jessica and Jill. The place was crowded but we had a good time looking at all the art we can't afford. We had dinner at Jalapenos' which is always good!

Jill and Jess checking out some photography.
 On Saturday, I had to attend an orientation class at Kansas City, Kansas Community College. I found a fountain there!
No. 65
 Today, after church we ate at Sharp's Grill, at 63rd and Brookside. It was a good, home-cookin' kind of place. I had chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes and corn. It was wonderful.



Bree had pancakes with bacon in them! Pretty good idea!

The other fun thing this week was Wednesday night at small group, we had a baseball-themed potluck. Everyone had to bring something you would eat at the ballpark! We had hot dogs, pretzels, nachos, snow cones, cracker jack and two items that didn't count: fruit and muffins. I guess someone thought we needed something healthier! 

Other than that, I've been keeping up with the Preds games which are stressful and exciting, all at the same time! I am hopeful they will make it to Round 3 and have a weekend game for me to go to! I miss it.

I also saw "Water for Elephants" today and it was sooo good.  I want to read the book now.

Til next time...Laura



1 comment:

  1. what's that about? (elephants)

    I want to know about your new pt job!

    ReplyDelete