Friday, September 3, 2010

A Picturesque Day in KC

Here is the fountain in my current neighborhood of Waldo:

No. 19- 75th and Wornall

This afternoon, I did some real good exploring at the Riverfront Park. The weather was perfection. The Park had a very nice walking trail and I took lots of pictures:

Walking trail

You walk right next to a lot of cool bridges like this one.

Scenic picture
Another pic of the cool, old bridge

View of some of the factories near the park.

This staircase led up to a lookout of the river. This is the spot of the Town of Kansas (KC's beginning).

These markers were for flood levels. The top is from the flood of 1993. If I stood next to it and stretched my hand up, my fingers would touch the plaque. So that's roughly 6 feet tall, and this wall is 30 feet higher than the river. In other words, the flood was real bad.

The new Christopher S. Bond Bridge. "Kit" Bond was a U.S. senator from Missouri.
Front entrance to the Riverfront Park.

Here's the KC skyline view from the park. 

Along the trail was this old abandoned building, where I did most of my exploring. It's obviously being taken care of, as there were flower pots in the windows.







After I was done at the park, I drove through the River/City Market area. This area is so cool! It has a ton of trendy lofts to live in. It's very tempting to want to move in here. It's got a great community feel to it. Here's a picture of a huge mural in the area:

Mural depicting Lewis & Clark, who at one time paddled up the MO river at this location.


I also found another park with an amazing overlook:
What a view!
On my way back to Waldo, I found lots more fountains!

Fountain No. 20-

50th St and State Line
No. 21-

State Line and Brookwood Rd
No. 22- this was at the City of Mission Hills building

63rd St and State Line

Hope everyone enjoys the beautiful weather this weekend!

Til next time...Laura 


No comments:

Post a Comment