Saturday, September 18, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

This week flew by after the birthday fun.  I had a follow-up interview for one of the jobs but I didn't get a good feeling from it. I think they want someone more excited about sales. So, I'm still job searching. Boo.

Last Friday, I was looking through the paper trying to find something fun to do. And what do I find???

Here Come the Mummies!

Love them!


They were playing that very night at Beaumont Club in Westport. So I called up JJ and off we went! It was so good! They were awesome and the crowd was loving it. The best part was towards the end of the set, I felt someone put their arm around me. I looked over at JJ to see if it was her but it wasn't- it was one of the mummies!

What a fun night!















I also ate at some good places this past week. Here are my chicken tacos from El Rancho Mexican Restaurant in Westport:



This place is pretty casual but good. They are open really late, til like 2 in the morning so it might be a good stop after a show sometime.

Here I am outside the Westport Flea Market:

Yummy!

I already wrote about this place but forgot to include the amazing car they have parked outside. I would love to test drive this one!


The other day, B. and I went to Swope Park and checked out their nature center and one of the walking trails. 
Nature Center at Swope Park


The nature center had a lot of animals, mainly reptiles and birds and mostly ones that were needing to be rehabilitated. If they received an animal that is not able to go back to the wild, they can live at this nature center and be used for educational purposes. So, while it was a little sad to see all these birds tied up, at least they get to go out and do some classes at schools, etc. They also get to fly around in an enclosed area in the evenings.

Poor little vulture had a cast on its wing!

There were two bald eagles!




And cute little owls!

Overall, it was a pretty nice place and it's free.

Had a fun night last night playing Body Body. I was a good killer my first time but got caught red-handed the second time. I much prefer being a townsperson because being a killer makes me too nervous!

Looking forward to going to WaterFire tonight at the Plaza, where they set Brush Creek on fire! Will try to take pictures so you see what I'm talking about.


Til next time...Laura








No comments:

Post a Comment