Tuesday, September 21, 2010

So what do I miss the most from Nashville?

There are going to be people and places and things in Nashville that I will miss. But you know what food I miss the most?

Jersey Mike's!!!

It may be silly, but it's true. I crave Jersey Mike's more than anything else. I tried getting a sandwich from Mr. Goodcent's because I remember really liking it when I lived in Warrensburg. It was good, but just wasn't AS good. So, I went online to see where the closest Jersey Mike's was. I had hope when I saw that Missouri had one location...but it was in St. Louis. Then, I saw that Kansas had 3 locations- the closest was in  Olathe, only 19 miles away! Kansas comes through for me again! Unbelievable! So I trekked over to Olathe and had the most delicious sub sandwich ever.

No. 8 Club, Mike's way, no tomatoes, with mayo

So, last Saturday I had another eHarmony date night. We ate at M&S Grill on the Plaza. When I arrived at the restaurant, the first thing I noticed was that it was all old people there. I knew then it was not going to be a good night. The food was too fancy and the company was too boring. Here's what I had for dinner:

Tilapia and rice. It was just ok.

After dinner, we walked over to Brush Creek for the WaterFire event. WaterFire is where they put bonfires in the creek, light them on fire and add some artistic flare to it. It could have been really awesome but about 15 minutes after we got there, it started storming and they had to cancel the rest of the show. But thankfully, that gave me the excuse to leave!

I couldn't get a real good picture but this is a overview of the creek.

It was real crowded and because of my date, I was ready to get out of there.

Now I just have some more fountain updates:

BTW- these are my least favorite fountains. The ones that shoot up out of a pond. I just think it looks dumb to have a man-made fountain coming out of a pond. 

No. 45- Lichton Plaza (office park) in Overland Park at 7300 College


No. 46- same place, different fountain

No. 47- same place, another fountain (Maybe they went overboard on the fountains?)

No. 48- Black Bob Park at 151st St in Olathe

No. 49- Symphony Hills at 151st St & Greenwood in Olathe

No. 50- St. James Court (right across the street)

No. 51- entrance to St. James Court

Til next time...Laura











No comments:

Post a Comment